Thursday, February 27, 2014

Delhi to Jaipur


What can be said of Delhi that hasn't already been said? It's busy, it's buzzy, and it has every scent and texture on earth. The city motto should be the sound of a horn because it's everywhere. No matter if you're on a promenade, a street, an alley or even a sidewalk. Someone is always right behind you. In a city of 22 million people, it makes sense, but for a kid who grew up in a small town in Hawaii, it's a little staggering. I had some communication issues getting in touch with the teacher under the bridge Rajesh Sharma, but the hotel concierge helped me out and I'm on my way to meet him and see his school under the overpass of a highway. I know I'll be back in Delhi in a few weeks so this'll give me a chance to find out what kind of supplies he might need and we can go out shopping for them. I also  am very aware that my presence might be seen as a foreigner trying to meddle into his practice and I'm treading lightly so as not to offend and think I can solve all of these problems in a day.  I'm hoping to offer my self and services in any way I can and perhaps play a little music on the ukulele for them too! Okay, I'm off!

No comments: