Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bol, Croatia


Wow! This was our reward for the last few days of some grueling uphill climbs. Bol is a gorgeous place with crystal waters. I have been away from the internet for some time and wish I could write about the other places we have been to. Among them, Plitvice National Park, Split, Krka National Park, Trogir, Shibenik, Skradin, Postira. I will have to save them for when I get home and can gather my thoughts better. So far, we have been having a great trip with awesome weather! Had a rough climb today and yesterday here on the island of Brać. Tomorrow we will go to Hvar and finish the biking then. I wish the tour could last a few more days, if only because now I am getting my cycling legs. This island is known for limestone and some of it was used to build the White House in Washington D.C. The waters are cool and refreshing. Not as warm as in Hawaii but a lot clearer. The bike group is a great bunch of people and we are all getting along great! It is 1am here and I should get to bed because we have to have our bags packed and waiting for the van at 7,45am. I have been eating a lot of gelato, drinking lots of wine and raki and cosuming cheese and bread at an alarming rate. But, I keep telling myself I can work it off on the bike! We will see if I come back to the states as the same shape as when I left. Žvili!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Just have to comment on those feet, cover them up! Wish I was still traveling with you, good times. Zvili! Tom