Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hvar & Dubrovnik, Croatia


I am in a small internet cafe in Dubrovnik, just after midnight. I can hear the drunkards wail from the small but frequent bars on my busy little side street apartment. It can make going to bed hard. Otherwise, we had a great day today on our fish picnic. We went to the Helaphiti Islands. A small bunch of islands about an hours boat ride away from Dubrovnik. Not much to do on the islands but drink coffee and have old ladies try to sell you lavander and doilies. Seriously. It rained a little but we got to swim in a small bay that was unoccupied. In the summer I bet it is packed. Days before we had some nice times in Hvar hiking up to the castle walls, drinking and dancing at the Kiva Bar and just enjoying the peaceful surroundings. I am heading up to Split tomorrow and from there I will take a train to Munich for Oktoberfest. I will be sure to update the blog as well as add photos when I can. You can see lots more pics on facebook. Find me there or wait here for updates and photos. Oh, we had 'mexican food' tonight and needless to say, I've never had so much corn in my life! I think they think that's what is in mexican food. Some nice pinto beans would've been too much to ask!

1 comment:

Erin Lindsay said...

I'll make sure to bookmark this. I hope you are having fun!