Friday, September 12, 2008

Zagreb! It's like one large high school!


Whew! Had a nice flight from Gatwick to Zagreb. My large backpack was taking a long time being unloaded and I, along with another gent who was missing a bag thought our bags didn't make the flight. I filled out a lost and found form and fretted about not ever seeing my underwear and old swimsuit ever again. But, just as we were leaving, we saw a man taking my bag to the lost and found and we snatched it up before it could say Pozor!!

Zagreb is a nice if mostly flat and spread out city. We are staying one night in the Hotel Dubrovnik. If you're not staying at the Hotel Dubrovnik, you're just sleeping in some strange room for the night. After we checked in, my Mom and I walked to the main cathedrals and said our Hail Mary's and then walked around the town a little. I was struck by how young a majority of the people are here. It's also very sceney. It's like Dig Me Beach everywhere you look. If you are not familiar with that term, ask your dad or nearest older gent. We sat and watched the people, drank some nice Croatian beer and then later ate some pizza with corn on it. Yummm!

For desert we walked around to this gelato place called Millenium. It's good, if not very flat and a bit too creamy gelato. I like a little ice in mine. But that's just me. It's raining as I type, we retired to our room and proceeded to watch some very Croatian television, Pretty Woman and Tommy Boy. Saturday we are headed to Plitvice National Park. A beautiful sight I am told with lots of hiking to do. I can't wait. Here's afew pics of Zagreb to keep you satiated until next time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"If you're not staying at the Hotel Dubrovnik, you're just sleeping in some strange room for the night."

I'm glad this bit has found it's way across an ocean.